4 Point Inspections – The 4 Point Inspection is a visual Inspection on the four major components of your home. The 4 Point Inspection was created after Hurricane Andrew hit South Florida in 1992. It has become a requirement for homes, that are 30 years or older.
A Four Point Inspection focuses only on four main areas of interest in a home:
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
- Electrical wiring and panels
- Plumbing connections and fixtures
Citizens Roof Certificate Inspection – Anyone with a home that is 25 years old or older trying to renew or get a new Homeowners Insurance Policy, must get a Citizens Roof Certificate Inspection to prove that the roof is expected to last at least another 3 more years.
- Age and condition of the roof of the home.
- How old is the roof?
- What is the estimated life remaining in the shingles?
- When was the roof last updated?
- Are there any visible signs on damage/deterioration (curling/lifted/loose/missing shingles, sagging or uneven roof deck), or any visible signs of leaks?
Windstorm Mitigation Inspection – Windstorm Mitigation Inspection is the only inspection that is almost always going to result in some level of insurance discount on your insurance policy premium. A Windstorm Mitigation Inspection is for homeowners that are trying to reduce their Home Insurance rates up to 50% off the original policy premium.
Florida looks at 8 key categories, described below:
- Roof Covering
- Roof Deck Attachment
- Roof to Wall Attachment
- Roof Geometry
- Gable End Bracing
- Wall Construction Type
- Secondary Water Barrier
- Shutters and installed-protection devices from wind-born debris for doors and windows.
Home Inspection – A Home Inspection is a objective visual Inspection of the physical structure and systems of a house. Buying a house is one of the biggest investments you will ever make. A Home Inspection may identify the need for major repairs. This Inspection is NOT just for buyers, but also sellers. The Home Inspection can identify problems in the making and give the seller the opportunity to make the repairs that are needed to make the house in better selling condition.
- Heating system; central air conditioning system (temperature permitting);
- Interior plumbing and electrical systems;
- The roof, attic and visible insulation; walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors; the foundation and structural components.
Call us today #561-393-9977 to set up your next Inspection with our Internachi certified Inspectors.